DHS Respite Program for Youth and Adults with Special Needs
Envision offers in-home Respite Services that are designed to help maintain children or adults with disabilities in their home environment as an alternative to residential placement. The DHS Respite Care Program hires and trains respite employees identified by the family receiving respite to assume care of the eligible individual. If possible the family is encouraged to identify their own respite worker. The DHS Respite Program cannot guarantee that every respite requested will be filled.
The Respite Program offers children and adults with developmental disabilities needed support to remain at home with their families or live semi-independently. The program is specifically designed to assist each individual or family with a variety of specific support services including:
- Service Coordination
- Community and Family Education
- Referral Services
- Teaching specific skills needed to achieve or maintain an individual's desired living arrangement
- Instruction in social skills and opportunities to expand one's network of friends
- Supportive Counseling
- Assistance with eligibility for financial resources
- Referrals to residential alternatives
Please call (773) 241-5700 for more information.